I DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START
How many times have you had this thought? A hectic workplace can easily get on top of you but with these easy- to-follow steps, you’ll soon be prioritising your workload like a professional.
There are two main methods you can employ to help you prioritise: ABC Analysis and Pareto Analysis. These are both very often combined.
A well established management technique helps you categorise tasks by splitting them up into separate groups.
A – this would be your highest priority task, followed by B – the next highest priority and so on. This can be used to categorise as many groups as you need to.
• Based on the principle that 80% of your work can be done in just 20% of your available time.
• The remaining 20% of your tasks will take up 80% of your time.
• This method increases your productivity by ensuring you prioritise the tasks that will take you the least time.
Collins Business Diaries, Personal Organisers and Notebooks are great for writing down your priorities at the start of the day and keeping track of them as the hours pass. To avoid the distractions of email and the internet, using a Collins product rather than a computer based application is advisable, and it’s not going to need switched off and on again lots of times!
This article brings to an end our look at Time Management in the workplace. Here is a quick summary for you:
• Set S.M.A.R.T goals
• Stay focused and avoid unnecessary distractions
• Prioritise with ABC Analysis and Pareto Analysis
• Visit www.collinsdebden.co.uk for a great range of Time Management Solutions
Next we will be taking an in-depth look at how Time Management can be applied to when you are away from the office and help free up more time for you to do the things you enjoy.
Published by Collins Debden. Number 1 for Diaries, Personal Diaries and Business Diaries in the UK.
Read our latest Time Management Articles